Wednesday, July 22, 2015

I see hate Elizabeth Midford's way-and once again I am here to defend her.

Also, I am quite aware that she is a fictional character and yes I am aware that even if she was real she could very well defend herself.

So my thoughts are resting on the pressing issue of Chapter 107 [which I haven't gotten to read yet, because it's still being translated!] and Lizzy's reaction to finding her fiance in a compromising position with another female. And on top of that, all the hate she is now getting again from people who just don't understand character flaws and development.

I was going to play Animal Crossing, but alas.  *cracks knuckles*

When I first saw the raw, I knew Lizzy haters would worm their way out of the woodwork and I already argued with one gal of that kind. While she claims to not be a 'hater', that she adores Lizzy-I simply reminded her of a time when Ciel was about to strike his fiance over a ring. Yes, I understand that ring that Ciel bares is precious to him and he was upset.

But that does not excuse him striking out at Lizzy in the first place.

And does Lizzy have any excuse for lashing out at Ciel? Yes and no. Someone mentioned that yes the ring is important to Ciel-but Ciel is important to Lizzy. Should she have reacted the way she had? No. She shouldn't have. That was a mistake that Lizzy as a human being with passionate emotions made.

Back in the good ole Victorian Days it was acceptable to marry your cousin for the sake of keeping the family line 'pure'. That was what I think the intent of Ciel and Lizzy's engagement to begin with. However, it would be humiliating on both parts should one side compromise that relationship and could potentially ruin the other's reputation.

So when Lizzy sees Ciel over Sullivan, she obviously doesn't know the situation and she's obviously upset. There already is alot that Ciel hides from Lizzy and I feel like she knows that. She knows Ciel hides things from her, and as the story progresses the more frustrated she gets. Obviously Sebastian stops her, and at the end of the chapter she is smiling at Sullivan and the two seem to get along just fine.

She gets over it. She realizes her mistake.

Now let me get onto the topic of Elizabeth's entire character and her relationship with Ciel.

It's obvious the two care about each other, whether it be familial or just love-it's up to interpretation right now.

I don't think a lot of fans realize just how much Elizabeth sacrifices for Ciel to make him happy, and to get really nothing in return. There will be fans who will say that Lizzy doesn't deserve Ciel, but really-it's the other way around. She sacrifices growing up just so Ciel will feel like he's an adult, she puts on this facade so he won't feel weak next to her. [and so he won't be scared of her-like he seems to be Frances]

Was her kick a mistake and lapse in judgement on Lizzy's part? Yes. She is acting on her emotions rather than her head-but she is probably under so much stress and the thought of losing Ciel in any form scares her.

She's already lost him once. 


Lizzy was literally trained from her childhood to be Ciel's protector. This is something a normal child probably shouldn't have to go through, but her mother understands the life that Ciel will lead and thus she must train Lizzy to be good at what she does. Do you think Frances wanted this for her daughter? Probably not, she'd probably be fine with Lizzy being safe and not having to fight. But she trusts her daughter to protect Ciel, and for Ciel to protect her.

She puts off becoming a 'teenager' or more adult just so Ciel will feel more adult. She's putting on this act for Ciel and he doesn't appreciate it. She's also tearing herself up inside because she doesn't know what happened to Ciel or why he's shut off for so long [she may get a hint-but never the full truth] and to me I feel like that's heartbreaking.

She loves Ciel. And why I emphasize love, is because her love is so pure and so innocent that it scares me actually. Her life from the beginning centered around Ciel, and when Ciel finally passes I am afraid that she will fall into a darkness that she won't be able to get out of.

I also mentioned before that Lizzy sort of represents light in Ciel's life.


[Just showing those above just to prove a point]

Anyways, CielXLizzy is one of my OTP's, but it's also my tragic OTP. Because there's just so much that they don't communicate to each other out of fear. [Ciel, mainly out of trying to protect Lizzy I think]

Is Lizzy perfect? No! She's human, who's whole life was and is centered around one boy. I feel like she needs to find her own identity-one that doesn't fall back onto Ciel.

Is Ciel perfect? Of course not!

I really just hate seeing Lizzy being demonized over one lapse of judgement in her character. It's called character development people!

Lizzy really is a precious cinnamon roll too precious for this fandom.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ranking the GazettE albums.

 This might be a little controversial to some fans, but lately I've been thinking about my personal favorites of GazettE and thought sin...