Sometimes I find a comfort character and think to myself, how did I ever go on about life without them? Silly, I know.
I'm not going to speak much, just make a list of my comfort characters with some explanation. I won't bother to organize them either into fandoms, just at the top of my head.
Arthur Morgan
I'm going to be honest, when I first decided to play Red Dead Redemption two a year ago, I didn't think I'd like it as much as I had. Beforehand I had already tried playing GTA5, and because I figured since they were made by the same company I would eventually just stop playing after one mission.
But then I was reminded why I always had a soft spot for Westerns. Growing up I watched a lot of them with my mom, and watched Gunsmoke a lot with her as well.
Arthur became a comfort character really quick, in a way I felt like he was just a friend-as silly as that sounds.
Charles Smith
When I first heard Charles speak, I knew somehow he would be a favorite of mine. Nashir really did a good job with his voice acting, because there was something soothing every time he talked. A lot of my favorite missions are with Charles, and him plus Arthur are my favorite duo. I really think it's telling that even in the six months he was with the gang, Arthur had a deep respect for him already and just spending time with him in game you can definitely see why.
Hosea Matthews
Last of my comfort characters from Red Dead is Hosea. Like with Charles, you can see why Arthur cares a lot about Hosea. I spent half the game already whispering to myself that they should all just listen to Hosea.
Hero of Time|Link
Ocarina of Time is a very important game to me, and I grew up playing it over and over. I grew attached to the Hero of Time that sometimes I couldn't get into other Zelda games for a while.
Rauru|TOTK
Might be something about the voice with him too. I think Rauru gets a lot of flack from the fandom for not listening to Zelda, but honestly I don't know if he wanted to mess with the timeline (if that made sense). I can't get through Age of Imprisonment honestly, because I can't handle the heartbreak again just yet.
Genya Shinazugawa
Last of the characters is Genya. I always say Giyu and Sanemi are my top two favorite characters and they are, but there's a comfort in Genya for some odd reason with me. I relate to him a lot, I come from a family of Seven (I'm the youngest), and a lot of times I feel distant from my older siblings. So it's easy for me to see things from Genya's point of view.
No comments:
Post a Comment